Metascreen™ is a highly accurate and specific newborn screening test as it combines the following systems to detect metabolic disorders:
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- FDA approved method for urinary detection of chemical substance (“analyte”)
- Gold standard for lipids, drug metabolites and environmental analysis;
- Detects more than 250 compounds for the screening of over 100 inborn errors of metabolism (“IEMs”) from urine;
- Chromatography separates potentially interfering compounds, such as drugs, also excreted in the urine, so the integrity of the test result is intact.
- Uses multiple analyte profiles to detect one single metabolic disorder to ensure high level of specificity of test result;
- Benchmarked against international and local database of normal samples for the identification of an abnormal case.
|Metabolic Disorder||Analyte Profiles used with GC/MS||Analyte Profiles used with other technology (e.g MS/MS)|
|Maple Syrup Urine Disease(MSUD)||
|Isovaleric acidemia (IVA)||